Dear friends! Thank you for your interest in the "Doll Prague" exhibition.
What can you expect?
• A beautiful, fairytale exhibition on Lucerna Palace next to Wenceslas square /Vaclavske namesti. The palace was built under the project of engineer Vaclav Havel (the grandfather of Czech ex president Vaclav Havel). Since then till now the Lucerna castle still belongs to the Havel family
• Professional doll artists from 42 world countries – European countries, Japan, countries of the former soviet union, USA, Africa, Korea, New Zealand ...
• Art projects of Czech puppet-makers, as well as artists from all over the world, projects of artists of international art animation along with carving courses and also free courses of animated films which will be appreciated not only by children
• Free presentations of techniques of artists - members of NIADA (National Institute of American Doll Artists) www.niada.org
• Presentations of Czech art schools
• Personal participation of 120 professional doll and Teddy bears artists
• Master classes lead by famous artists, designed for both amateurs and professionals
• Two international art contests Art Doll Prague and Teddy Bear Prague with a professional jury and a competition with prizes for visitors
• Charity project to support the House for people with disabilities - with the possibility of buying works from their art workshops
• A commercial area where you can purchase both fine art items, Christmas presents, and materials for your own creativity
• The exhibition is intended for fans of art, collectors and investors, as well as for the general public - families with children, students ... with the opportunity to eat at a reasonable price.
art project curator: Luděk Burián
How to create life from live material
As the Saint Francis of Assisi wrote:
“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.”
art project curator: Ozlem Akin
Seeing inanimate objects -especially puppets- being animated is a different kind of magic and the fact that you’re literally giving them life with your own hands is very exciting.
STUDIO 14 STARS - Estonia
Fly, fly petal ...
Natalia Lepichina - Kazachstan
Contemplating the world order. Assuming life is a mirror - everything surrounding us is our reflection. Future us is past us with either all of the effort made or
no effort at all. Whatever we give comes back to us. Installations - process - searching for ourselves, a will to find the harmony between ourselves and the world
On the first balcony of the Grand Hall Lucerna children learned to animate for free all day. There was at their disposal a professional lecturer Pavla from Ultrafan, who helped them to animate their own hand-made 2D puppet.
Date od course:
Make your own stop-motion puppet from scratch with award winning director and doll artist Ozlem Akin. In this 8-hour course you will make a wire armature, sculpt and paint the head, hands, feet, and prepare a simple costume. You will be using a wide variety of materials such as epoxy clay, polymer clay, heat-set oil paints, etc. and learning important tips and tricks about how to design and create characters for stop-motion animation.
NIADA is an international organization of doll artists, based in the USA.
Is it your dream to become part of this organization then please visit the website: https://www.niada.org/ and don't forget to read the part about what it takes to become a NIADA artist: https://www.niada.org/artistmembership/
During the International Doll Prague exhibition there will be limited possibility to have an Artist Membership Critique in Prague. If you are interested please contact Marlaine Verhelst marlaine(at)home.nl