Dear friends! Thank you for your interest in the "Doll Prague" exhibition. What can you expect?
• A beautiful, fairytale exhibition on an area of 1100 m2 - wheelchair accessible
• Professional doll artists from 40 world countries – European countries, Japan, countries of the former soviet union, USA, Africa, Korea, New Zealand ...
• Art projects of Czech puppet-makers, as well as artists from all over the world, projects of artists of international art animation along with carving courses and also free courses of animated films which will be appreciated not only by children
• Free presentations of techniques of artists - members of NIADA (National Institute of American Doll Artists) www.niada.org
• Presentations of Czech art schools
• Personal participation of 160 professional doll and Teddy bears artists
• Master classes lead by famous artists, designed for both amateurs and professionals
• Two international art contests Art Doll Prague and Teddy Bear Prague with a professional jury and a competition with prizes for visitors
• Charity project to support the House for people with disabilities - with the possibility of buying works from their art workshops
• A commercial area where you can purchase both fine art items, Christmas presents, and materials for your own creativity
• The exhibition is intended for fans of art, collectors and investors, as well as for the general public - families with children, students ... with the opportunity to eat at a reasonable price.
art project curator: Eva Hodinková-Hellerová
How to create life from live material
Wood is connected to our civilisation since the ancient ages, even the first doll was made out of wood. Using natural materials gives our artwork a different dimension. Wood is an alive material with energy which resonates with us.I am a puppet artist from my heart. I love the magic when material starts to live. It can be a puppet in some theater or in a game, or it can be like a living sculpture - a doll. It is fascinating how big emotions can make a piece of the wood,or pease of the plastic or piece of the porcelan - if only somebody can give live and some body can receive it .It can be one person. We have a magic power to make things alive. We make this when we are children, we make this when we are adults, we make this when we are moving and talking with things, we make this when we are artists.
As the Saint Francis of Assisi wrote:
“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.”
art project curator: Ozlem Akin
Seeing inanimate objects -especially puppets- being animated is a different kind of magic and the fact that you’re literally giving them life with your own hands is very exciting.
Come to carve to the Doll Prague 2018 exhibition of art dolls, marionettes and Teddy Bears to Slovanský Dům.
lecturer: Eva Hodinková-Hellerová
mail to: email@example.com
On my curses you can learn one handicraft technique
- wood carving, how be puppetiers .This you can use for your art.
Wood is a living material.
Wood can give a new kind of life to your art.
Wood is a warm material full of energy.
Wood have nice smell and it is harmonizing material and pleasant to touch. You will learn how your sculpture or doll can be moveable with joints and be more living.Your wooden art will live for ever - only if somebody does not burn it or if an animal does not eat it for a dinne
Date od course: 23.11.2018 14:00 - 18:30, 24.11.2018 14:00 - 18:30
Location: Art zone - balcony
Make your own stop-motion puppet from scratch with award winning director and doll artist Ozlem Akin. In this 8-hour course you will make a wire armature, sculpt and paint the head, hands, feet, and prepare a simple costume. You will be using a wide variety of materials such as epoxy clay, polymer clay, heat-set oil paints, etc. and learning important tips and tricks about how to design and create characters for stop-motion animation.